CALL FOR ARTISTS!
Who Should Apply?
- ONLY QUEBEC ARTISTS are able to apply/perform at Road to Indie Week Montreal
- Road to Indie Week is open to all genres except comedy and cover acts
- Bands/artists must not be signed directly to a major label. Bands signed to an indie label with major distribution are still allowed to apply
- Set lengths are 30 minutes on average (travelling International acts get multiple showcases)
- Sound equipment (mics, PA’s, monitors) will be supplied
- Basic backline (drumset, amps) will be provided except for breakables
2 Bands a night will be selected to play Indie Week Canada in Toronto
Indie Week Canada has become one of Canada’s premiere indie music festivals showcasing 200+ acts from all over the world in front of music industry professionals offering 6 nights of showcases, 20+ venues, late last call after parties serving until 4am, music industry panels, industry judging, demo listening sessions, mentorships, sponsored stages and more.
Listen to feedback from bands that performed at Indie Week Canada on Indie Can Radio by clicking here
Past Performers Include:
Finger Eleven, Philip Sayce, Mike Joyce (Drummer of The Smiths / DJ Set), Glen Matlock (The Sex Pistols), Blaze Bayley (Iron Maiden), DJ LDontheCut (SUBLIME with Rome), Darenots, Walk Off The Earth, The Mahones, Diana, The OBGMs, Sumo Cyco, Parallels, Cousins, KO, The Rebel Emergency, Ill Scarlett, Peter Katz, Roz Bell, The Birthday Massacre, Romes (Nightbox), Tim Chaisson & Morning Fold.
Past Industry Delegates Include:
Eddie Kramer (Producer), Phil X (Bon Jovi), Michael Wekerle (Dragon’s Den/El Mocambo), Garth Richardson (Rage against the Machine), Mike Clink (Producer – Guns’n’roses/Metallica), Nigel Grainge (Thin Lizzy), Chris Birkett (Sinead O’Connor)
Partners / Sponsors often host select nights. If your company is interested in hosting a night please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Past sponsored stages have included:
- Jack Daniels Music House
- City of London Ontario
- Pop Montreal
- Wacken Metal Battle Canada
- The ATX 6 Project
- Outlaw Roadshow
- Exclaim! Magazine Showcase/Ginger Ale and the Monowhales video release
- 94.9 The Rock Next Gen Showcase
- KX96 Country Music Showcase
- Focus UK presented by Focus Wales
- Music Ontario Showcase
- Royalty Records Showcase
- The BIG TICKET stage hosted by Maestro Fresh West
- The Coalition Entertainment stage hosted by Human Kebab from USS
- The Epiphone Showcase featured Magneta Lane, The Mahones, The Suburbians, and the Ascot Royals.
Indie Week has a vibe unlike any other… Indie Week has a street level excitement that is infectious, and more palpable joy than a fleet of beer trucks brings to a chili cook-off… You really can’t help but have a good time.-Bob Segarini